Wednesday, September 16, 2009

lockpicking

So last night James (my stepson) locked my wife and I out of our bedroom. Needless to say I was not entirely amused (except for the part where he tried to unlock it with a bike lock key... that was humorous).
So at that point it dawned on me: Why haven't I ever learned how to pick locks?
"Never again!", I said to myself. And I made a few purchases.
In the mail I have a new set of picks/tension wrenches. as well as a practice lock, and book on picking. I'm hoping this will be a fun thing to learn, though I have read many other people's rants and frustrations on the topic. We'll see how it goes.
I did learn today how to open a padlock with 2 paperclips. It's was disturbingly easy.
SO other than learning to be a hoodlum, not a whole lot is going on. My wife and I are still putting the finishing touches on the house, though I use the term "finishing touches" loosely.
We have a lot ahead of us, including wiring for new lighting, and a few full-on painting projects (murals, textures). It's all getting very exciting as the house begins to look more and more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment