Friday, September 11, 2009

Wellness, Weekends, Wesker, and the World Trade

Sorry for the alliteration.... I don't know what got into me...

As the title presumes, I am, in fact, well again! Unfortunately my loving wife has now come down with the plague I brought into our home. Very unfortunate. And pregnancy makes it difficult to find any medication that won't harm our baby. Why is it so hard to find a cold medicine that isn't "multi-symptom"??
I read "Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy" ~ S.D. Perry
I have to say, it was a fantastic book. It reminded me of reading Jurassic Park, really. Lot's of fun. I'm headed to get the next book in the series ("Caliban Cove") today. Fingers crossed that it's just as good.
Upon completion of RE5, I found myself with a craving to dig out my old PS2 and replay the series. (Is it obvious yet that I'm on a Resident Evil kick lately?) All in all, it was a good game! A little easy, perhaps, compared to others in the series. There was a disheartening lack of decent puzzles, and the boss fights were a bit "mechanical". But in all fairness, a good story prevailed in this case.
I'm playing "Dead Space" now. I finished chapter 1 this morning, and I'm already losing interest. For a game acclaimed to be "Unforgettably scary" and "Terror in it's purest form", I find myself thinking: "In space, no one can here you yawn" The fact of the matter is that the game just isn't scary yet. Compared to some of it's peers (Doom 3, Silent Hill, Condemned), Dead Space has left me dead bored. I have yet to feel that sense of panic; that underlying "I simply don't have enough ammo." or "Omgomgomgomgomg" that are so essential to the survival horror series.
We'll See what happens I suppose. As I said before, I'm only midway through chapter 2. There is still time for redemption.

I was perusing /b/ yesterday and was met with a something that put a rather large smile on my face. A while back, in the living room of the apartment my wife and I used to live in, my friends and I came up with a new meme: Advice Bro. And what did I find? Why... a plethera of advice bro images that I didn't make! using my imagery! I was happy to see that I had actually contributed something to the internet. Mission accomplished. You're welcome.

On a less climactic level, it's 9/11. And inappropraite or not, the first thing that comes to my head when I hear that is that stupid animation of Will Smith dancing the towers down. *sigh*

On that note, happy Friday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment